CORMedNet goal is gathering information at population level on key species of the Medierranean coralligenous assemblages.
The main aims are:
- Assemble information on population distribution, demography and genetics
- Avoid redundant data gathering efforts and identify geographic gaps for future research efforts
- Provide unrestricted, open-source and easy access to data
- Facilitate and encourage the adoption of standardized surveying protocols
- Ensure the transparency and citation about the origin of each individual data